Tuesday Tutorials: How to deal with that too-low neckline!

Hey everyone! Unfortunately, I'm in the midst of a crazy exam week and have very limited time to do any blogging. However, I'm bringing you a short little style idea that might inspire some of you!
I have been on Modcloth's mailing list basically since I started online shopping. Needless to say, it was a little bit wonderful when I opened my inbox to discover an email from one of their lovely ModStylists! They invited me to participate in their Uniquely You campaign and style up their In the Key of Chic Dress using other ModCloth items, but to keep the entire outfit as close to my personal style as possible. Challenge Accepted!


Here is what I put together. Being particularly -ahem- lacking in the chest area, I tend to avoid V-neck and low-cut styles in favour of higher necklines (hence my love for cute little collared shirts) but I fell in love with the A-line shape of the skirt and the cute pastel polka dots. So I styled this up as I have styled low-cut dresses before: either wear them backwards, or with a backwards cardigan! It might sound strange, but if you've never thought of wearing them backwards before, you should definitely try it out. It even means that you've got lovely button detailing on the back, which you often see on expensive tops and knitwear in high-street shops (and now you can achieve the same effect without forking out for it!) Obviously some cardigan and dress shapes and styles lend themselves better to this trick, so experiment with what you have in your wardrobe - I find it works really well with some dresses (as you can create your own DIY deep-V back out of a too-low front) and cropped cardigans.

Let me know if you guys have done this before, or if you've just tried it out!

1 comment:

  1. just to let you know you're one of my nominations for the liebster award! check out www.fashionwilleatitself.blogspot.co.uk
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete