Thursday Trends: Sparkling Sequins!

Sparkly Sequins for Christmas Party Season
As a self-confessed magpie and sparkle junkie, I'm always excited when the party season rolls in. After all, if you can't get away with sequins at Christmas, when can you? I've been so in love with the sheer amount of embellished pieces I've seen in shops recently, but I am aware that not everyone shares my love for all things glittery. However, with the range of sequin items available at the moment, I'm sure that there's a perfect sparkly piece out there for everyone. So today, I bring you my sparkle edit! Be warned, it is very picture-heavy, which is why I'm uploading it on a Saturday instead of Thursday (my Internet squealed when I tried to upload it these past few night, apologies!) Without further ado, let's get down to the nitty-glittery.

Sequin Dress img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

The sequin dress: the ultimate staple for the girl who wants all eyes on her during the party season. Go all-out  in a sparkly body-con number (this look ain't for wallflowers), or say it subtly with sequin accents. Here are a few of my favourites:

Sequin Dresses from Topshop, Nasty Gal, Boohoo, Asos, Zara, Missguided, Motel and Rare
Top-Bottom, L-R:

Sequin Top, Vest, and Bustier
img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

Sequin tops are probably my favourite way of channelling the trend, as you can dress them up or down depending on the occasion. The high street has an amazing array to choose from at the moment, and my favourite online stores have churned out many different styles this winter also. Have a look at my top picks of strappy camis, shell tops, embellished vests and bustiers:

Sequin Vests, Tops and Bustiers from Topshop, Boohoo, Nasty Gal, Missguided and Style Icons Closet
Clockwise from top left:

Sequin Embellished High-Waisted Shortsimg sources: 1 | 2 | 3

Sequin shorts are a party favourite of mine, and look really gorgeous with a plain white blouse. Pair 'em with opaque tights and boots or go bare-legged with a high-waisted pair and a cropped t-shirt, there's a million different ways to wear them! Here are some I've had my eye on:

Sequin Shorts from Dahlia, Motel, Nasty Gal, Missguided and Miss Selfridge
Clockwise from top left:

Sequin Bodycon and Skater Skirts
img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

A girl can never have enough sequin skirts. I think what I love most about them is the fact that they can be worn in the daytime without looking too fussy when paired with a simple, block-coloured tee (a la Alexa Chung in picture 1). However, they can also be worn with fluffy knits, cropped bodices or even just a simple vest to get yourself party-ready!

Sequin skirts from Missguided, Zara, Dahlia, Boohoo, Nasty Gal and Miss Selfridge
Top-bottom, L-R:

Sequin Trousers and Leggings
img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

For the more fashion-forward amongst you all, why not consider rocking a pair of sequin trousers or leggings this Christmas? Style 'em up with a tuxedo-style blazer and shirt to channel the androgynous trend, or go glamorous with crazy killer heels. Choose from a range of jewel and metallic tones to lift any outfit:

Sequin Trousers and Leggings from Boohoo and Topshop
L-R:


Sequin Playsuit and Romper
img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

Feeling daring? Sick of dresses? Why not opt for a strappy playsuit or a deep-V romper? And if playsuits aren't your cup of tea, there's always the trusty jumpsuit! Here are a few that have caught my fancy recently:

Sequin Playsuits from Miss Selfridge, Missguided, Motel and Asos
L-R:

Sequin Bomber Jackets, Blazers and Biker Jackets
img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

Planning on rocking an LBD on Christmas Day? Add sparkle with a sequin jacket! From tuxedo blazers, to bikers, to bombers, there's a jacket style to suit every outfit! These are all on my wishlist:

Clockwise from top left:

Sequin Bags, Hardcases and Perspex Box Clutches
img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

Sparkly clutches are a must-have piece for Christmas, adding instant shimmer to a darker outfit. I'm currently loving hardcase purses and perspex box-clutches, so here are a few I'm lusting over! 

Clockwise from top left:

Sequin Heels, Boots, Brogues and Platforms
img sources: 1 | 2 | 3

I have an eternal love for glittery shoes, and Christmas is the best time to wear 'em! I usually opt for teetering platforms to give me that extra added height, but there are so many other options, between wedges, boots and sandals. Have a look at these beauties!

Sequin Heels from Aldo, Asos, Kurt Geiger, Topshop and Missguided
Clockwise from top left:

Phew! That was a pretty intense post! I really enjoyed trawling my favourite shops for sequiny bits and bobs over the past few weeks, so I hope you liked what I picked out! Let me know if you have your eyes on any sparkly pieces so that I can add them to my wishlist! (; And remember to use my Motel Rocks discount code for 20% off any of the items mentioned here - just enter KITTENASACAT at the checkout! (:

Hope you're all enjoying your Christmas preparations!

Lots of Love,

1 comment:

  1. Aww I think I love sparkles as much as you! Would wear most things in this post :D Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete