Happy New Year!


The new year is always a lovely time, I think. It's a time so full of potential and possibility, when everyone says that this year 'is going to be THEIR year'. For me, 2013 was enjoyable, but there are some changes I would like to bring into effect in my life in order to make 2014 even better. In order not to break with tradition, I have compiled a short list of resolutions that I really would like to keep this year. I decided to share them with you all, in case any of you have similar ones and would like for us all to help each other out!
  1. Rekindle my love for distance running. One of my favourite past times is running. I began about 5 years ago and caught the running bug, and really enjoyed everything about it: the runner's high, the next-day muscle ache, the physical and mental benefits, the opportunity to listen to music and get some fresh air, everything. However, with exams, an increasingly-hectic timetable and some illness and injuries over the past 2 years, I have been much more lax with my approach to running. In the new year, I would love to begin running regularly again, to boost my distances and maybe complete my first full marathon!
  2. Get more sleep. Because I am currently living with 3 of my best friends, we stay up chatting basically every night even when we have to be awake at 8 the following morning. I could probably count on one hand the number of nights I have gotten to sleep before 12 since I've started living in that house! I know this resolution may seem sort of insignificant, but I know that I function better and that I'm generally a happier, friendlier person when I've gotten my 8 hours, so for me, I think it's worth it!
  3. Be a better blogger! I'm constantly apologising for the sporadic nature of my blog posts and this is something that I would very much like to change. With work and college commitments, it's often pretty tricky for me to blog often, but I would like to aim to post at least once or twice a week in future! I really do enjoy blogging and taking pictures, and feel that I should take more time to do it!
  4. Eat Clean. College life has really messed up by eating habits over the past 2 years, which is something that has affected my health, my moods, my skin, and probably loads more! I actually really love the taste of veggies and fruit, but have just relied too much on the unhealthy stuff, so as a test of willpower, I have decided to challenge myself to a year of clean eating! No chocolate, no biccies, no crisps and no other unhealthy snacks. However, the real challenge is to find healthy substitutes for these treats - discoveries I may share with you as I make them!
  5. Drink more water! I love water. I just don't drink enough. That will change!
So, these are my resolutions. Hopefully I will have accomplished some if not all of them over the next 365 days! What are your resolutions? I'd love to hear them!
Anyways, hope all of you lovely readers have a fabulous NYE serenaded by the lovely Zooey & Joseph! Roll on 2014!

Lots of Love,

4 comments:

  1. That cat makes me smile, 4 and 5 are my resolutions too! Happy New Year x

    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Pudge is so cute! Haha, it's Day 1 and I'm already feeling the cravings! (;

      Delete
  2. I tried running a few months ago, I was surprised at how fun it was, then the weather got bad and I gave up. Not enough time for the benefits to kick in before the weather, shame I was quite liking it. I might try and start again this year but I have a bunch of other goals, something has to wait.
    I am also aiming to drink more water - the taste is growing on me :)

    Good luck with you resolutions.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Cloud web hosting Karachi

    ReplyDelete