Close to Me.

 Woo unbrushed bed hair!
Dress - Urban Outfitters Revival
Cardigan - Topshop (old)
Bag - Asos
Belt - Primark
Shoes & Socks - Topshop

Hi lovelies! Okay, before I say anything else, I have to confess my profound love for these new shoes. I'm totally obsessed. I've been looking for a pair of brogue-ish shoes that don't cut my feet horribly for a while, but I think that these kinda make up for the fact that I haven't found the right pair yet. I know they're not really brogues at all, but they've got that same sort of 'collegiate' feel, I think. Well anyways, I'm in love with them! <3 

I really loved getting dressed up today. I've been working every day for the last few weeks (as a painter, how glamourous), which means that I can't really dress as lovely as I want to. ): This is the first time I wore this dress too - I bought it when I was in Birmingham on a whim, because I normally steer well clear of midi dresses, considering I'm only 5'4". But I actually don't think I look entirely dwarf-like in this one, which I'm happy about. (: And I'm also crazy about its Cath Kidston-esque print and colours!

Lookbook  Chictopia  WhatIWear  WIWT


I'm really hoping to make the most of this crazy Indian summer we're having in Ireland at the minute. I think it's hilarious that the sun has finally started to appear once we hit September, when everyone is heading back to school / college / work and can't properly enjoy it! I've also been thinking about maybe doing some video tutorials / hauls / vloggy things for the past while. Let me know if that's something you'd like to see!
Until then, keep safe and happy!

P.S. Any of ye other petite ('vertically-challenged') chicks out there, do you avoid or embrace the midi?

Oh, P.P.S. What do you all think of the new blog layout? (:


6 comments:

  1. Hi :) I only recently discovered your blog, but I'm really enjoying it, and I like the new design! I just wanted to comment that, at 4'10", midi dresses are just perfect for me as maxi dresses, without having to be taken up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm glad you like it.
      Oh, that's cool! Sometimes I see midi dresses that are way nicer than the usual maxi ones and I wish that they were maxi length! So you got that problem covered! (;

      Scotty
      xox

      Delete
  2. I hope everyone loved you in this outfit.it is
    so cute.love the dress.those shoes are adorable and the frilly white socks are perfect with them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes....... the t strap is adorable.... love the anklets.....
    Love the dress
    I'm gaga over your smile....

    I'm a guy and I'm only 5'5" so I understand the height thing....... funny though, my legs are kinda long.....

    so I try to show them off in leggings and tights and shorts.......

    You are always so very fashionable.

    Jayme, your ballet and fashion loving GUY fan from the USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayum girl I wish my unbrushed bed hair looked half as good as yours!
    I wanted to thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my post; I really needed to hear that today actually :)
    Plus, I'm so glad you're posting again! I used to pop over to your blog quite a bit but I think there was a gap in your posts there! I love your style a whole lot and I'm putting you in my blogroll so I don't miss your posts again ;) (I actually rather neglect bloglovin as a reader and just use my own blogroll to get to blogs I like haha)
    x Annika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh! You absolute sweetheart! You ever need any sort of esteem-boost, you come to me! :P
      Oh yeah, I was a majorly bad blogger but I'm hopefully here to stay again! Thanks so much for your lovely words and support! This is totally the restoration of a beautiful blogging relationship! <3
      Scotty
      x

      Delete