Thursday Trends - Moschino AW13

As the end of August draws nearer, I always begin to get excited about slightly warmer clothes. If I'm honest, I'm definitely more of a wintery dresser - I love the darker, more subdued colours, the layers, and the heavy, woolly fabrics, and the fact that I can get away with wearing black opaque tights without getting strange looks! After my trip to Edinburgh, I've gone even more plaid-mad than I already was, so I thought I would show you all the beauty that is Moschino's AW13 catwalk show. In an ideal world, this is how I would be wearing the trends this A/W!
While I know that tartan is not everybody's cup of tea, it certainly is mine, and it has been very present in a variety of AW catwalk shows this season. If you can't exactly afford the beautiful Moschino cuts above, here are some potential high-street alternatives!
1 - Coat - Miss Selfridge
2 - Midi Skirt - Asos
3 - Crop Top - Miss Selfridge
4 - Pleated Skirt - Miss Selfridge
5 - Blazer - Romwe
6 - Pinafore Dress - Asos
7 - Hair Bow - American Apparel
American Apparel also do great full tartan skirts, like the one I wore in this look!
I have a love of military-inspired wool coats, so I'm delighted to see that they are big for this winter. Look out for gold details and interesting collars!
1 - Wide Collar Coat - Topshop
2 - Double-Breasted Red Coat - Mango
3 - Navy Long Coat - Mango
4 - Collarless Coat - Asos (Mango)
5 - Navy Pea Coat - Oasis
6 - Shirt Collar Coat - Warehouse
My general style is quite preppy usually, but now it seems that fussy, skyhigh necklines are making big waves across the entire fashion scene (and not just in my wardrobe). Pussy bow details and contrasting shirt collars are teamed with satchels, heeled loafers and ankle socks, and look lovely in the process! Really loving the vintage-matron-come-private-schoolgirl vibe. My selection is largely monochromatic - but don't be afraid to go for ruby reds, navy and deep greens à la Moschino!
1 - Patterned Shift Dress - Asos (Max C)
2 - Collared Skater Dress - Banggood.com
3 - Mandarin Collar Dress - Banggood.com
4 - High Neck Blouse - Miss Selfridge
5 - Houndstooth Dress - Miss Selfridge
6 - Lace Peplum Shirt - Miss Selfridge

Hope you guys loved this catwalk show as much as I did. I dunno about you all, but I'm definitely going to be incorporating some of these touches into my AW13 wardrobe!

What trends will you be following this A/W?

Lots of Love,

1 comment:

  1. I've been really loving tartan lately, just bought a whole load of it yesterday! Can't wait to get wearing more wintery clothes :)

    Annettibus |Irish Fashion, Beauty and Art blog.

    ReplyDelete