Greetings, earthlings!

Well, after a pretty lengthy hiatus, I have returned! Exams completed, R'n'R acquired and sanity regained (well, almost). I spent a lovely week with my friends in a little holiday home in the south of Ireland about a fortnight ago (which just so happened to be flooded at the time - yippee) which involved numerous trips to the beach, forging a relationship with an earthquake-enthusiast-come-taxi-driver, traditional music nights (involving weird songs about mermaids and tails...), and a series of imagined "Clonakilty murders". A pretty eventful time to say the least!
Now that my schedule has been freed up some, I should hopefully be able to dedicate more time and effort to my blog and my lookbook posts. Sincerest apologies for being a really infrequent poster again, by the way!

So, how have you guys been enjoying your summer? Have you been keeping busy or taking it easy? I don't really enjoy lazing about for extended periods of time, and I usually like to have something to keep me occupied during the summer months. A summer of boredom is such a waste!
I'm currently working on a mural with my cousin in my old school, and we're hoping to get it finished by the end of the summer. It's centred around an environmental programme that's set in place in the school, so the painting consists of cute little critters and cartoon characters looking after the planet (All together now, 'Awwwwh!'). I'll post some pictures of our progress shots when we've got a bit more done but for now, here's the playground shelter we're painting and our sketches.
That's mum and my cousin in the background. The shelter itself is so much bigger than we realised so the characters ended up being pretty large, which I hate immensely. I always draw really small...
So yeah, like I said, the mural is in its early development stages at the minute, with sketches only. But it will be much more impressive when it's completed, hopefully!
 Basically, I've been assigned the role of 'animal-drawer', so I got to sketch out loadsa bunnies and Bambi and other cutesy things, while Lorraine (cousin) got stuck with the cartoon characters (The Simpsons, Spongebob, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc.)! The following drawings are all done by her:
Obviously there's still a tremendous amount of work to be done, but I'll keep you updated with our progress!
So have you guys got any suggestions for things to do this summer? I'd love to hear 'em! (:

Lots of love,
  

No comments:

Post a Comment