Leap of Faith.

Oh, I've been such a bad blogger again! I'm going to use the excuse that I have had the flu all week, and was thus unable to even dream about looking pretty / taking photos / anything other than burying into my uber-soft My Little Pony blanket!
I obviously had waay to much energy when we were taking these... Compared to the sick version of me who is typing now, and who has literally moved only to make tea and locate the charger for my laptop when it's on 2% battery...
I've been meaning to upload these for aaaages now - they're from a shoot I did with Liam over the holidays. We had ridiculous amounts of fun doing this. I took some awesome shots of him too, maybe I'll upload them later.
This is probably my all-time favourite hat. Most people roll their eyes when I wear it and tell me I look like a six-year old, but I don't care! :3 It's cosy and fluffy and it actually fits my head! That is more than can be said for most hats.
Nothing has really been happening around here recently. I've been developing a few obsessions (which I shall discuss in detail at a later date), drinking Peppermint Tea (it's a herbal tea that I actually like!), playing Final Fantasy X and XIII, scouring Etsy for vintage dresses for my Debs Ball in Summer, learning lots of French, and rediscovering my love for Rusk baby biscuits. Liam has also been most lovely and came to visit me after school for the last three days because he felt bad for me!

We've also started Lent which, in case you don't do it yourself, is a period of about 6-7 weeks were you have to give something up or take something up. It's technically a religious thing, and though I'm not particularly religious myself, I do it every year just to test my willpower. My whole family give up all treats every year: biscuits ( D: ), cakes ( ): ), ice-cream ( }': ), chocolate ( DX ), crisps (...meh), EVERYTHING! Even sugar in tea!! (Not that I take sugar in tea anyway... but still, PRETTY EXTREME)

By the way, did you all make pancakes on Tuesday? I'm not sure which countries actually do that, because it's meant to be a Christian feast thing, but I know that some people just do it for the pancakes anyway!
Shrove Tuesday is the one day in the year when my Dad is supposed to do the cooking, as he is quite the impressive pancake flipper. But this year, he didn't. So it was left up to me to toss those babies around like no tomorrow. The whole thing basically resulted in 6 cremated, doughy flops and a broken spatula... But it didn't matter, as they were subsequently smothered with chocolate, ice-cream, jam, peanut butter - you name it! Well, it WAS our last bout of freedom before Lent... A little indulgence was totally warranted!

Hope you're all keeping well!
Lots of love, 
  

7 comments:

  1. I said this on Lookbook,but I'll say it here too. I absolutely adore this look! You're so adorable. Love everything from the wonderful hat to the way the photos are done. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah shucks. Thank you dear! I'm really glad you like it! (:

      Delete
  2. Wow, you give up EVERYTHING for lent? That seems extreme! But impressive. I envy your willpower... I'm currently trying to go a week without Creme Eggs, but when they're £1.52 for 6 at the Co-op it's damn impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! We do it every year, except I break it on my birthday which is always during Lent! (;
      Holy crap. Creme Eggs are too good...

      Delete
  3. you're the cutest thing ever! got yoursef a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweetie! You're too kind! (: x

      Delete
  4. Ive been looking through your blog...your lovely smile is so pretty and infectious.....

    I love your shorts and tights in this pic........ it's my favorite outfit on ballet days......

    I get teased about it, but I don't care


    Jayme, your ballet and fashion loving GUY fan from the USA

    ReplyDelete